In order to provide our services, the PSI Education Center stores, processes and uses the personal data of course participants.
- Natural persons (course participants)
- Legal persons (employers, clients, cooperation partners)
Name of the data collection
- Database on Course Participants of the PSI Education Center, Registration No. 200800241 from 9.11.2000 of the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Purpose of the data collection
- Course organization and implementation
- Management and administration of school operations
- Proof of course completion
- Communication and information
Categories of personal data processed
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- First name, last name
- Date of birth
- AHV number
- Nationality / Home-town
- Performance records/certificates
- Information for invoicing (invoice address, account assignment information, reference number)
Categories of data recipients
- Registration offices of the authorities (for registration of accredited certifications)
- Contracting authorities (e.g. for assessment reports)
- 235.11 Ordinance of 14 June 1993 on the Federal Law on Data Protection (VDSG)
- 814.501.261 Ordinance of the FDHA of April 26, 2017, on basic and advanced training and permitted activities in radiation protection (Radiation Protection Training Ordinance)
- 172.220.113 Ordinance of the ETH Board of 15 March 2001 on personnel in the area of the Federal Institutes of Technology (Personnel Ordinance ETH Domain, PVO-ETH).
- ETH Law of October 4, 1991
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Swiss Federal Law on Data Protection (DSG) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), in each case to the extent that the relevant regulations are applicable.
The legal bases on which we base our processing, insofar as the DSGVO applies, are stated below. In the case of processing personal data according to DSG, we rely in each case on the comparable legal bases in these laws.
a) For the fulfillment of contractual obligations (Art. 6 para. 1b DSGVO).
The processing of data takes place for the provision of services of the PSI Training Center within the scope of the execution of our contracts (e.g. in the area of education, training and further education; specifically concerning services in the topics of radiation protection, safety, leadership & management, IT, languages, career consulting, management development, assessments and training conception) with our customers or for the execution of pre-contractual measures that take place upon request. The purposes of the data processing primarily depend on the specific service and may include activities such as training, consulting and projects. Further details on the data processing purposes can be found in the contract documents and terms and conditions.
b) Within the framework of the balancing of interests (Art. 6 para. 1f DSGVO).
Where necessary, we process data beyond the actual performance of the contract to protect legitimate interests on our part or on the part of third parties.
- Consultation and data exchange for the purpose of providing our above-mentioned services, e.g. in the case of accredited training courses to the reporting office or in the case of assessments where the PSI Education Center receives personal data and sends the report/result to the client.
- Consideration and optimization of procedures for needs analysis for the purpose of direct customer contact.
- Advertising or market and opinion research, insofar as you have not objected to the use of your data
- Assertion of legal claims and defense in legal disputes
- Ensuring IT security and IT operations
- Prevention and investigation of criminal offences
- Measures to ensure building and facility security (e.g. access controls)
- Measures to ensure domiciliary rights
- Measures for business management and further development of services and products
c) Based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1a DSGVO)
Insofar as you have given us consent to process personal data for specific purposes (e.g. disclosure of data, evaluation of personal data for research and marketing purposes), the lawfulness of this processing is based on your consent. Consent given can be revoked at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the data processed until the revocation.
d) Due to legal requirements (Art. 6 para. 1c DSGVO) or in the public interest (Art. 6 para. 1e DSGVO).
In addition, as an institute of the ETH Domain, PSI is subject to the ETH Law and to other legal requirements of Swiss legislation, so that personal data may also be processed if this is required by law or if the processing is in the public interest.
Villigen, October 7, 2021
PSI Education Center