- Conduct experiments on injection of steam in the subcooled water at CHUG facility to study condensation and chugging conditions
- Conduct numerical modeling of the experiments using Direct Numerical Simulation and Computational Fluid Dynamics codes (PSI-BOIL and NEPTUNE)
- Derive correlations for studied phenomena and implement them in system codes (TRACE and CATHARE)
- Explore how the experimental and calculational results obtained for steam-water can be used for modeling of two-phase sodium flow in Generation-IV Sodium Fast Reactor
- Publish results in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings, and write a PhD thesis on the topic
- Master degree in mechanical or nuclear engineering
- Experience in CFD applications and in experimental work related to thermal hydraulics
- Interested in Generation-IV nuclear systems
- Good command of the English language, by advantage French (the third year of PhD will be at CEA France)
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact PD Dr Konstantin Mikityuk, phone +41 56 310 23 85.
Please submit your application online by 30 September 2019 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 4804-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Sabrina Orteca, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland