Further develop and consolidate the data linkage tool for best-estimate coupled (thermalhydraulic-neutronic) LWR analysis. The development includes a review of the data transfer protocols for system code (TRACE) and neutronics codes, achieving consistency between the corresponding models by updating the inputs, validation and verification procedure, tool application for simulating the Swiss NPP.
- Nuclear engineering, information technology or software engineering student or similar
- Knowledge and first practical programming experience with Perl
- Knowledge of UNIX OS and shell scripting
- Ideally familiarity with thermalhydraulics and nutronics codes, i.e. TRACE, RELAP, Simulate3, CASMO
- Creative, analytically thinking, team-working
- Good English communication
- You have not yet completed your Master’s thesis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Konstantin Nikitin, phone +41 56 310 27 01 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 4000-T2).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabrina Orteca, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.