You will join an interdisciplinary team from Paul Scherrer Institute and DECTRIS to develop NextGen Detector Control Unit in an innovation project supported by Innosuisse (Swiss Agency for Innovation).
- Development and evaluation of hardware-accelerated data analysis and reduction algorithms for macromolecular crystallography at fourth-generation synchrotrons and XFELs
- Collection and curation of reference experimental datasets for method development
- Support of commissioning beamtimes of new data acquisition and analysis systems at Swiss Light Source and other synchrotron facilities abroad
- Collaboration with a commercial partner (DECTRIS)
- Publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations at international conferences and workshops
- You hold a PhD degree in biology, chemistry, physics, geology, computing or related fields
- You have track record in analysing large experimental or simulated datasets in the field of natural science
- You have good programming skills in Python
- You have curiosity to learn about accelerated computing (FPGA, GPU) and machine learning methods - no prior experience necessary
- You have good command of the English language
- You are willing to occasionally travel for experiments at other facilities, as well as for shift work during beam times
- You are a team player and enjoy working in a diverse environment of many different professional and cultural backgrounds
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Filip Leonarski, phone +41 56 310 56 52.
Please submit your application online by 25 April 2023 for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6124-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland