PhD Student in Materials Science
- Investigate carbon-based technological fibres, films and composites, in particular using SAXS tensor tomography
- Perform and analyze synchrotron X-ray scattering and imaging experiments, in particular SAXS tensor tomography
- Help to develop the experimental design for SAXS tensor tomography
- Active participation in the training (summer school, workshop, secondment with an industrial partner) provided by the RELIANCE network
- Teaching activities and enrolment in the doctoral school of the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Master degree in Material Science, Physics or related fields
- Affinity for experimental work and interest in interdisciplinary research
- Programming experience is considered an asset
- Good communication skills in English
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Grant requirements
- You are not already in possession of a doctoral degree
- You have not spent more than 12 months within the last three years working or living in Switzerland (prior to recruitment date)
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will receive a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities. You benefit from a full PhD training programme with a gross salary of 54’900.- CHF/year (incl. Living and Mobility Allowance); Family Allowance if applicable. The salary is subject to Swiss taxation and Swiss social security contributions. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Marianne Liebi, email@example.com, phone +41 56 310 44 38.
Please submit your application online by 17 February 2023 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student in Materials Science (index no. 6317-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland