Intern to develop archetype for Positive Energy Districts
ATELIER (AmsTErdam BiLbao cItizen drivEn smaRt cities) is a Smart City project aiming to create and replicate Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) within two Lighthouse Cities and six Fellow Cities. PED are under construction in Bilbao and Amsterdam, performance of which will be monitored based on measured data. We aim to assess the impact of PED in a wider context well beyond the demo sites. Therefore, we pursue to estimate potentials for upscaling of PED across the two cites. In this context, the intern helps to establish approach and underling data to support the impacts assessment.
Your tasks will be:
- Review of methods and approaches for upscaling / replication of PED in similar EU projects
- Define different building archetype using GIS or similar methods
- Collect underlying data (based on urban building development plans or similar sources from national forecast)
- Quantify upscaling potential or replicability of PED within the two cities
- Document the approaches and data sources
- Master studies in the field of GIS, spatial planning, civil and construction engineering, data science (Master thesis should not have been completed)
- Good understanding / experience in applying GIS and Python software packages
- Proficiency in English is prerequisite. Spanish / Dutch can be asset during data collection
- Standard internship at PSI over 3 months
- Application deadline: 15 September
- Start-time: October 2022
- Salary: Official PSI rates apply
For further information, please contact Kannan Ramachandran, Kannan.firstname.lastname@example.org or Xiaojin Zhang, email@example.com.
Please submit your application online for the position as an Intern to develop archetype for Positive Energy Districts (index no. 4501-T2).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Energy Economics Group, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland