Beamline Scientist (Tenure Track)
Manage the operation and developments of beamline PXII in the following areas:
- Participate in major beamline upgrade projects with involvement in specifications, design, installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Oversee routine operations of the beamline, with a focus on delivering a fully-optimised and reliable beamline
- Provide support and scientific guidance to users
- Develop a research profile in the field of macromolecular crystallography, and disseminate in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present at international conferences
- PhD degree in a natural science or related field
- Sound knowledge in the application of synchrotron radiation and instrumentation
- Experience in the management of projects and personnel
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English and German
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Katherine McAuley, e-mail email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by 31 August 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Beamline Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 6121-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland