Mechanic Superconducting Magnets
- Coil winding and instrumentation with voltage taps, strain gauges, temperature sensors
- Operation of furnaces for the heat treatment of LTS superconductor
- Vacuum pressure impregnation of superconducting coils with resins and waxes
- General mechanical work: turning, milling, drilling, brazing and soldering of tooling parts
- You have successfully passed vocational training as polymechanic
- At least three years hands-on experience constructing electrical machinery
- You look forward to supporting English- and German-speaking project stakeholders in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment
- You take the initiative in your area of responsibility and take pride in a job well done
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will be limited until 31 December 2024.
For further information, please contact Dr. Bernhard Auchmann, phone +41 56 310 30 26 or Dr. Stéphane Sanfilippo, phone +41 56 310 41 11.
Please submit your application online by 31 August 2022 for the position as a Mechanic (index no. 8433-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Melanie Rapisarda-Bellwald, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland