Reliable wafer metrology is a key requirement to support the semiconductor industry in the development of future technology nodes. The device size scaling driven by Moore’s law make the resolution specification for wafer metrology a moving target. The Advanced Lithography and Metrology group is dedicated to the exploration of new and alternative techniques for semiconductor metrology. Currently we are developing REGINE, a new end station for the XIL-II beamline at the SLS. REGINE is a wafer inspection microscope based on grazing-incidence coherent diffraction imaging at EUV.
Your tasks will be:
Your tasks will be:
- Support the development of the REGINE end station
- Develop Coherent Diffraction imaging algorithms and software for image reconstruction
- Explore the potential of a deep learning approach for phase retrieval from EUV diffraction data
- Perform research of highest quality and publication in high profile journals
- You have a PhD degree in science or engineering
- You are skilled in C++ and Cuda, you have experience with image processing and scripting languages like Python and Matlab
- Hands-on experience in the following fields will be of advantage: coherent diffraction imaging, ptychography, image processing, neural networks, and synchrotron-based methods
- You are a highly motivated team player with high communicational and organizational skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
The position is limited to one year with the possibility of prolongation.
For further information, please contact Dr Iacopo Mochi, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 8 June 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6217-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland