Analytical chemist/Chemical engineer
- Responsible equipment manager for laser ablation, MC-ICP-MS and EBIS
- Development, design and construction of new analysis methods for the quantification of isotopes in radioactive materials by mass spectrometry
- Participation in national and international scientific projects (e.g. waste management, half-life determination of long-lived radionuclides)
- Independent management of subprojects
- Presentation of the results in international conferences and publication in peer-reviewed journals
You have a higher education in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field plus some years of experience in ICP-MS applications. Furthermore, you have expertise in inorganic chemistry, preferably for radioactive materials applications. Consequently working in controlled zones with glove boxes and protected cells is not an obstacle for you. Additionally, your personal responsibility and your independent work belong to your properties as well as to promote advances of protracted processes and operations, do not discourage you. Concluding, you possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a good command of English. German language skills in speaking and written form would be an advantage.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Matthias Martin, phone +41 56 310 41 79.
Please submit your application online by 31 May 2022 for the position as an/a Analytical chemist/Chemical engineer (index no. 4303-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Adina Keller, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland