DevOps / Systems Engineer (early career)
You will be part of an agile team that architects, develops and maintain the IT infrastructure that enables scientific discoveries at the Photon facilities at PSI. As part of this team:
- You will you will be involved in the early stages of defining the new infrastructure for the SLS2 project
- Your role will be focused on creating the fundamental components of a flexible IT infrastructure to meet ever-changing demands of automation, customer self service and monitoring
- You will exploit a wide breadth of technologies, from fast parallel file systems (IBM SpectrumScale), to high-speed network fabrics (100G Ethernet and Infiniband), plus industry standard tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Gitlab, Grafana
- You will work in a team within a flexible environment, and where we encourage and support a proper work-life balance
- Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent relevant experience in IT
- Knowledge of Linux and sysadmin tools
- Knowledge of most common DevOps tools and practices (git, CI/CD, ...)
- Experience with containerization of services and with microservices architectures would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of German would be an asset
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will (initially) be limited to 2 years, with a possible extension depending on funding up to the end of 2025.
For further information, please contact Dr Leonardo Sala, phone +41 56 310 33 69.
Please submit your application online by 29 May 2022 for the position as a DevOps / Systems Engineer (early career) (index no. 7904-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland