- Working on a novel performance portable particle in cell Maxwell solver
- Incorporate radiation and particle collisions
- Understand numerical noise and accuracy
- Applying the new solver to Swiss Free Electron Laser and other novel accelerators
- Presentation of the scientific results at conferences and publications in peerreviewed journals
- Supervising BSc& MSc students
- Supporting teaching activities at ETH
- Masters in physics, mathematics or computational science
- Very good knowledge of the numerics of partial differential equations
- Good knowledge of English
- Proficiency in modern C++ and high-performance computing
- Experience in accelerator modelling and simulations is a benefit
- Good communication and team work skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Andreas Adelmann, phone +41 56 310 42 33.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 7102-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland