Tenure Track Scientist
- You are in charge of the currently installed and the future electron beam lithography (EBL) systems, including the operation, maintenance, training and technical advising of the users
- You are developing and optimizing the nanotechnological processes using direct write lithographic techniques with main focus on electron beam lithography
- You apply your broad experience in nanofabrication and characterisation techniques (SEM, AFM, FIB, EDX etc.) to initiate or contribute to scientific projects within PSI or with external partners
- You will interact with industrial clients, advise them within your area of expertise and support their needs in terms of EBL writing
- As a member of the Nanotechnology group, you will contribute to the operation of the existing cleanroom, participate in tool acquisition as well as preparation of the transition to the new cleanroom in Park Innovaare
- PhD degree in natural sciences ( nanotechnology, experimental physics, microelectronics) or related fields
- Proven track record in nanofabrication and hands-on experience with highresolution E-beam lithography
- Experience in numerical simulations and high-level programming languages
- Interest in expanding the limits of E-beam lithography and applying it to the scientific challenges of PSI and our clients
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in English; knowledge of German is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Vitaliy Guzenko, phone +41 56 310 54 36.
Please submit your application online by 23 May 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Tenure Track Scientist (index no. 6711-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland