- Perform operando synchrotron X-ray diffraction and imaging experiments during laser powder bed fusion
- Use advanced characterisation techniques such as electron microscopy and Xray fluorescency mapping to investigate the microstructure of 3D printed samples
- Study the structural integrity of printed components by mechanical testing
- Collaborate with PhD students and postdocs from various Swiss research institutions
- Publish results in scientific journals and present findings at international conferences
- PhD degree in Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Experience in either synchrotron X-Ray diffraction / imaging or additive manufacturing
- Affinity with at least one programming language
- Good communication skills in English (oral / written)
- Experience with electron microscopy, EBSD, CAD packages or LabVIEW is of advantage
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Steven Van Petegem, phone +41 56 310 25 37.
Please submit your application online by 28 February 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6317-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland