Postdoctoral Fellow (80-100 %)
- Prepare monolayers of magnetic 2D materials in ultra-high vacuum
- Perform X-ray magnetic circular dichroism measurements on these samples
- Characterize the samples using scanning tunneling microscopy and other techniques
- Present the results at international conferences and in high-level scientific journals
- Collaborate with internal and external scientific partners
- PhD degree in physics, physical chemistry or materials science
- Ideally, you have experience in at least one of the fields of magnetism, surface science or X-ray spectroscopy
- Highly motivated, experimentally talented and with good English communication skills
- Enjoy working indepedently in an international and interdisciplinary team and strive to contribute with new ideas
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract will (initially) be limited to 1 year. The starting date is as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Dr Jan Gui-Hyon Dreiser, phone +41 56 310 58 95.
Please submit your application online by 31 January 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6313-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland