Two DevOps / Scientific Computing System Engineers
You will work in an interdisciplinary, multinational research environment and collaborate with your team members, the CSCS specialist, as well as the users of your infrastructure.Part of your responsibilities will be:
- Create the automated deployments of the required essential HPC virtual clusters and supporting services on top of the "ALPS" infrastructure
- Work in a project team of PSI and CSCS helping to define and develop the interfaces for operating the deployed HPC services
- Integrate the new resources with PSI services and workflows
- Interface with PSI scientists and engineers to migrate and adapt the PSI compute and data intensive workflows to the new infrastructure
- Work as part of the PSI HPCE team delivering HPC services to the PSI scientists
- MSc degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent linux system engineering skills
- Familiarity with HPC environments an additional asset
- Excellent knowledge and experience with contemporay DevOps technologies (including experience with ansible/puppet) and having the matching scripting and programming skills
- Experience with containerization of services and with microservices architectures
- Experience with kubernetes is an additional asset
- Good communication skills
- Good spoken and written English, knowledge of German an asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
These positions are limited. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Derek Heinrich Feichtinger, phone +41 56 310 47 33.
Please submit your application online by 20 February 2022 for the position: Two DevOps / Scientific Computing System Engineers (index no. 7905-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland