- Design, construction and operation of a high-throughput X-ray absorption spectroscopy / scattering beamline (Debye beamline)
- Establish a high-class research program centered on x-ray spectroscopy / scattering investigations of energy materials
- Method / software development for large spectroscopic, scattering or diffraction datasets
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry or a related field
- Solid experience in x-ray spectroscopy and / or x-ray total scattering / diffraction method development
- Programming skills in a high-level language
- Excellent communication skills (incl. fluent in English, willingness to learn German) and profound organizational skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Maarten Nachtegaal, phone +41 56 310 30 56.
Please submit your application online by 19 December 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Tenure Track Beamline Scientist (index no. 6400-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland