- Identify and develop new targets within the portfolio of our industry partner
- Expression and large-scale crystallization of G protein-coupled receptors
- Characterization of synthetic photoactive ligands and their complexes with GPCR’s
- Time-resolved serial crystallographic data collection
- General support of these areas at leadXpro, LBR, SLS and SwissFEL
We expect a completed PhD in Biochemistry, Biology or Physics with additional post-doctoral education as an extra qualification. The ideal candidate is a structural biologist with experience in the expression and crystallization of G protein-coupled receptors. Additional knowledge in the design of ligands that can be activated with light, pharmacology of GPCR’s, experience in time-resolved spectroscopy and ligand binding assays is of advantage.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Jörg Standfuss, phone +41 56 310 25 86.
Please submit your application online by 30. April 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 2316-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland