We are offering a traineeship position in which you will work on selected aspects of the construction and evaluation of a prototype of a pulsed fiber optical link. The work includes implementation of the available concepts, test of different non-linear crystals, dispersion compensation, in-loop and out of loop stability measurements.
- You study physics or electrical-engineering (minimum 4 semesters)
- You have an interest in fiber and nonlinear optics
- You are enthusiastic to gain practical experience with optical fibers, splicing, dispersion compensation, construction, and adjustment of free-space balanced optical cross-correlators, data acquisition and evaluation
- You are open-minded, communicative and enjoy working in an international team
- You have not yet completed your Master’s thesis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration.
This contract is limited to 3 months.
For further information, please contact Dr Vladimir Arsov, phone +41 56 310 59 56.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 8232-T1).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Leandra Horn, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland