A new project to search for a neutron electric dipole moment - n2EDM - started at PSI, searching for a signal of beyond-Standard-Model physics. The new experimental apparatus is being set up at the ultracold neutron source. Your task will be:
- You will work on the set up of the experiment and participate with specific tasks to the commissioning of all components
- You will take an important role for the first data taking of the n2EDM experiment
- You will prepare and pursue the first analysis of n2EDM data leading to a new result with unprecedented sensitivity
We seek a talented and ambitious candidate who is highly motivated to work on this competitive project in a well-established research team and within an international collaboration.
- Master degree in Physics
- High interest in fundamental physics and motivation to work on an exceptional experiment
- Good level of English as working language in spoken and written form is mandatory
- Knowledge of German or willingness to quickly learn German is a plus
- Flexible and multitasking work attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Practical experience in experimental work and hardware set up will be considered as an asset
- Programming skills, at least at a practical level, are required
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Bernhard Lauss, via Email email@example.com or phone +41 56 310 46 47.
Please submit your application online by 6 February 2021 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 3204-00).
Evaluation and Selection of applications will start on 6 February 2021.