- Personnel and technical management of the Vacuum Concept Group
- Design of innovative vacuum chambers and systems for particle accelerators incl. production of required drawings and specifications for the procurements of these components
- Finalization of the design of the vacuum chambers of the SLS 2.0 storage ring, follow up of chambers procurement and production as well as support in the final installation
- Responsible for the maintenance and control of the 3D machine layouts (position of components), which are automatically generated through a data base procedure
- Communication and reporting on design activities to scientists, technicians and review committees
- Vacuum expertise support for technicians, engineers, scientists, project managers and suppliers for the electron accelerators
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in an equivalent discipline
- Experience in personnel and project management
- Strong experience in 3D drawings with modern CAD tools is required, experience in Catia V5 or V6 is an advantage
- Experience with vacuum technologies
- Good knowledge in manufacturing and machine shop processes, dimensioning and tolerances, knowledge in welding and brazing technologies is an advantage
- Motivated, proactive personality with strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and in German
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Romain Ganter, phone +41 56 310 52 79.
Please submit your application online by 30 September 2020 for the position as a Group Leader (index no. 8443-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Melanie Rapisarda-Bellwald, Forschungsstrasse 111, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland