- Advance PEFC electrochemical characterization capabilities of imaging setups
- Design and test a X-Ray tomographic microscopy XTM compatible PEFC with metall based flow field plates
- Identify suitable beam hardening artefact removal approaches
- Explore machine learning based image segmentation
- Study the influence of operating conditions and fuel cell components on the water distribution in the porous layers of the cell
- Participate in industry collaboration projects
- Publish results in well regarded journals
You hold a Master degree in engineering sciences, physics, computational sciences or a related field and are acquantied with electrochemistry and/or X-Ray imaging methods. You have experience in experimental work, computer-aided design CAD and image processing and you like to adapt your skills to a new interdisciplinary working environment.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Jens Eller, phone +41 56 310 23 96.
Please submit your application online (including addresses of referees) by 31 July 2020 for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5422-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland