- PhD thesis in Applied Superconductivity on the Investigation of protection limits in Nb3Sn accelerator magnets
- Development of vacuum impregnated winding samples for the experimental assessment of the maximum allowable hot spot temperature
- Experimental evaluation and modeling of the failure mechanism
- Development of alternative cable geometries for accelerator magnets
- Publication of results in scientific journals and at international conferences
You hold a Master degree in Physics or Engineering. Very good communication skills in English are also required. Experience in applied superconductivity and/or cryogenics is an asset, but not a mandatory requirement.
The work will be carried out in the Superconductivity Group of the Swiss Plasma Center (SPC), which is located in the premises of the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) in Villigen, northern Switzerland.
PhD students are enrolled in the Physics Department of the School of Basic Sciences at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). Salary and conditions of employment are according to the rules of EPFL for PhD students.
For further information, please contact Dr Pierluigi Bruzzone, phone +41 56 310 43 63 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a Ph.D. at SPC please fill-in this form SPC-PHD-Application-Form and send it together with Curriculum Vitae, Motivation letter, List of bachelor and master exams and grades, to
Link "Apply online now" does not work for this position