- Development and validation of analytical methods for suspensions using the hyphenated technique single particle ICP-MS
- Investigating the behaviour of nano-objects and other critical compounds containing metal species in thermal waste treatment and biomass conversion processes
- Comparing the sp-ICP-MS results with other state-of-the-art techniques
- Performing standard analyses of solids and liquids using ICP-OES, ICP-MS, TGA and other analytical techniques
- Supervision of internship and master students
- Higher education in natural sciences (Chemist, Chem. Engineer, Environmental Scientist, Earth or Material Scientist)
- Good written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry and/or aerosol science is considered as a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Christian Ludwig, phone +41 56 310 26 96 or Dr Mohamed Tarik, phone +41 56 310 26 26. Please submit your application online by 30 August 2019 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5103-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland