- Investigation of TWT (Thermal Waste Treatment) model samples by the SMPS-ICP-MS technique for dry aerosols in order to study the thermally generated nano-objects containing metal species and the relationship between their chemical composition and their particle size distribution
- Study of the formation of secondary nano-objects containing metal species during a TWT process
- Characterization of nano-objects in TWT solid residues, effluent and liquid-quenched samples from a TWT plant/process using SMPS-ICPMS and sp-ICPMS
- Using and adapting analytical methods for process gas analysis
- Performing standard analyses of solids and liquids
- Supporting pilot scale measurement campaigns (in house and in the field)
- Supporting lectures and/or excursions
- Supervision of Master and PhD students
- PhD degree in analytical chemistry or in a related subject
- Good knowledge of English, knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage
- Experience in elemental analysis and/or particle measurements would be advantageous
- Good knowledge in analytical chemistry and/or aerosol science is considered as a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2-3 years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Christian Ludwig, phone +41 56 310 26 96 or Dr Mohamed Tarik, phone +41 56 310 26 26.
Please submit your application online by 31 December 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5103-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland