- Basic and applied research in Li-ion and Na-ion batteries
- Focus on novel battery-relevant materials synthesis
- Characterization of cells and their components; development of novel electrochemical characterization methods
- Crystallographic characterization and coordination of cooperation with big facilities
- Publications in scientific journals and presentations in scientific conferences
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a PhD degree in chemistry, chrystallography, physics, material science or a related field. Research experience in batteries, battery materials synthesis and crystallographic (X-Ray and / or electrondiffraction) characterization is required. You are interested in doing research of the highest quality and disemminate your results via publications and conference presentations. You are highly motivated, creative and have excellent team and communication skills. Good command of English is necessary.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Sigita Trabesinger, phone +41 56 310 57 75.
Please submit your application online by 31 July 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5412-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland,