- Manage ion-implantations in collaboration with an external institute
- Carry out standard and micro-mechanical tests (nano-indentations and SEM in-situ deformation experiments)
- Investigate by transmission electron microscopy the microstructure of deformed and irradiated materials
- Develop analytical and finite element models to gain insight into structural size effects on plasticity
- Preparation of scientific publications and technical reports
- Contributions to education activities
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Philippe Spätig, phone +41 56 310 29 34.
Please submit your application online by 31 July 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4603-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabrina Orteca, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland