- Enhancement of the calculation methodology for criticality safety and burnup credit assessments for disposal canisters with spent nuclear fuel
- Refinement of the calculation methods, models and the major uncertainty components estimations
- Investigation of different accidental scenarios, assessment of the worst case conditions
- Verification and finalisation of the loading curves for the Swiss spent nuclear fuel
- Preparation of scientific publications and technical reports
- Contributions to education activities
- PhD in reactor physics, nuclear engineering or equivalent field
- Background in reactor core-follow simulations, validation procedures and / or criticality evaluations
- Experience in programming, scripting, statistical data analysis and usage of the MCNP code
- Familiarity with the codes CASMO / SIMULATE and / or SERPENT would be an asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Alexander Vasiliev, phone +41 56 310 27 02.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) by 30 September 2019 for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4102-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabrina Orteca, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland