You will be involved in the successful international collaboration between PSI and University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, Czech Republic supported by an SNF-GACR Lead Agency grant. The project aims at providing fundamental knowledge about the behaviour of (supercooled) liquids under high gas pressures and is complemented by molecular dynamics simulations of the bespoke liquid / gas systems. The topic is thus relevant not only for the societal challenge of green energy but also to numerous industrially relevant applications such as hydrogen storage using liquid organic hydrogen carrier compounds and freeze-out of the BTEX compounds from natural gas. Your tasks will be:
- Design (both hardware and software), optimization, execution and evaluation of in-situ experiments at the neutron imaging beamlines of SINQ
- Establishment of relationships for gas absorption, gas diffusion, partial molar volume, surface tension for industrially relevant liquid / gas systems
- Support of the project PhD Student
- Support of relevant user experiments at SINQ imaging beamlines
- You hold a PhD degree from a domain relevant for the project
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English is mandatory, knowledge of German and Czech languages is a plus
- Experience in design of in-situ experiments; previous experience with experiments involving highly pressurized gases is a plus
- Strong background in image analysis; previous experience with neutron imaging is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Pavel Trtik, phone +41 56 310 55 79 or email email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3304-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland