The High-Energy Physics Group at PSI is a member of the CMS collaboration at the CERN LHC with leading contributions to its pixel detector. The group is also playing an active role in R&D for next generation pixel detectors for LHC and beyond.
In close cooperation with experienced chip designers at PSI and with collaborating groups you will
- Take a leading role in the design of a readout ASIC for LGAD based pixel sensors
- Test and characterize prototype devices
- Present the results of your work at conferences and in publications
- You have a PhD degree in physics or electronics engineering and are interested in working in the field of particle physics
- You have excellent knowledge of microelectronics and experience in ASIC design
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Wolfram Erdmann, phone +41 56 310 32 30.
Please submit your application online by 12 February 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3202-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland, www.psi.ch