Post-Doc in Neutron Instrumentation
- Simulation and code development for neutron optics
- Extend the Monte-Carlo Ray-tracing software McStas
- Design an advanced signal-to-noice enhancing neutron optics
- Conceptualize tutorials for users
- Participate in neutron scattering experiments
- You hold a PhD degree in physics or computer science
- You are fluent in C (python is a plus) and have a strong background in software development
- You are fluent in English and you are comfortable closely collaborating with international partners
- You are used to working with Git
- Ideally you are experienced with neutron scattering and McStas
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Christine Klauser, phone +41 56 310 50 66. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Post-Doc in Neutron Instrumentation (index no. 3604-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland