Postdoctoral Fellow Nuclear Research
- Analysis of thermal-hydraulic behavior of nuclear reactors during severe accidents
- Application of machine-learning techniques for model development
- Analysis of the results, selection of suitable methods, and development of surrogate models for the simulator
- Publication of the results in international conferences and scientific journals
- PhD degree in physics, nuclear or mechanical engineering, mathematics, or other relevant natural sciences
- Experience of thermal-hydraulics analysis and/or machine-learning methods
- Fluent spoken English, excellent written English with proven capability for writing scientific publications
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 1 year with prospect for prolongation.
For further information, please contact Dr Terttaliisa Lind, phone +41 56 310 26 50.
Please submit your application online by 31 May 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow Nuclear Research (index no. 4104-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland