Tenure Track Scientist
- As part of an interdisciplinary and international team, you provide input across the various experiments (both room temperature and cryogenic) and technical aspects involving laser stabilization, ultra-high vacuum design and operation, custom FPGA control electronics and the associated software stack for quantum computing.
- You are responsible for projects, which also includes mentoring and training of students and postdocs as well as coordination of a team of technical staff (software and embedded software engineers, optical engineers).
- PhD in physics, ideally in ion trap quantum computation or a related field
- Multi-year experience at postdoctoral level
- Experience in the design and the operation of quantum science experiments
- Knowledge of optical systems (lasers, detectors, fiberoptics and associated electronics) is an advantage
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in English; knowledge of German is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Cornelius Hempel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 23 May 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Tenure Track Scientist (index no. 6713-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland