The task is to develop a concept and a software prototype for a new transient recorder. The transient recorder is collecting data and stores it for further analysis. The recorder is implemented as a real-time C++ application executing on an embedded ARM Cortex-A53 CPU running RT Linux. The recorder application is configured by a tool written in the Python programming language. The transient recorder is later used to analyze dynamic behavior of a particle accelerator.
- You study physics or electrical-engineering (minimum 4 semesters)
- You have an interest in embedded systems, measurement systems and software engineering
- You are enthusiastic to gain practical experience with designing software for data acquisition
- You are open-minded, communicative and enjoy working in an international team
- You have not yet completed your Master’s thesis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration.
The contract will be limited to 3 months.
For further information, please contact Mr Ernst Johansen, phone +41 56 310 47 52.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 8222-T1).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Patrizia Meister, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland