We strive to make the research of our visiting scientists more productive by arming them with fast, intuitive and easy to use software to handle the most complex data acquisition protocols. As an integral member of our multidisciplinary multinational team, you will be interacting with top scientists, engineers and technicians at both the MX Group, the controls section, and the SwissFEL to develop the next generation of user software to handle exclusive cutting edge hardware and the exciting new research that comes with it.
- You hold a university or higher degree in information technology, chemistry, physics, biology or comparable
- You’re well versed in Python (Flask, NumPy, OpenCV) and database technologies (MongoDB is a plus)
- You are comfortable with modern web programming frameworks (Vue.js) and have implemented RESTful services
- You are familiar with containerization (Docker) and messaging technologies (ZeroMQ, ActiveMQ)
- You have basic experience with current IT technologies like machine learning, big data, cloud computing and enjoy the challenge of learning new technologies
- You have good command of the English language
- Ideally you have experience in crystallography, automation, beamlines or other types of instrumentation
- You are a team player and enjoy tight collaboration in a small group of programmers
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Wayne Glettig, phone +41 56 310 58 23.
Please submit your application online by 5 January 2020 for the position as a Software Developer (index no. 6122-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland