Postdoctoral Fellow (Scientific programming)
Atmospheric research in the laboratory, field, and at PSI's large-scale facilities uses complex data workflows to analyze and interpret data. This position is to develop and implement changes to current data treatment to foster teamwork and improve data visualization. The work includes programming customized open-source procedures and establishing FAIR data management processes throughout the whole life cycle of our research. Your work will take full advantage of openBISand Renku, which our service partners within the ETH domain actively develop. You will be involved in our ongoing research projects and work closely with three research groups from PSI and EPFL, sharing your expertise on current trends in open data science. The diversity in science cases of the three partners ensures that the customized procedures are not too specific but will be designed for broader use within the ETH domain and in the international atmospheric science community. For these solutions to become standards, you will engage internationally with peer scientists in the field of atmospheric research.
- We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated scientific programmer with excellent programming skills who can work independently within our project's framework
- Experienced with data management, open research data and FAIR principles
- PhD degree and relevant work experience in computer science, data science or natural science
- Sound knowledge of python
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge and experience in project management of academic research is a plus
- MATLAB and IGOR PRO programming skills are a plus
- Interest in working with three research groups and teams
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 1 year.
For further information, please contact Dr Thorsten Bartels-Rausch, phone +41 56 310 43 01.
Please submit your application online by 31 May 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (Sicentific programming) (index no. 5505-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland