- Experimental evaluation of the effect of Zn (and Pt) on the SCC crack initiation and growth behaviour of Alloy 182 and stainless steel in high-temperature water (BWR & PWR conditions)
- Identification and quantification of SCC mitigation conditions
- Metallo- and fractographic post-test evaluation of the deformation and fracture mechanism (e.g., by LOM, SEM / EBSD, FIB, etc.)
- Characterisation of the Pt particle distribution and Zn incorporation in the oxide film on specimens from the lab and possibly on radioactive specimens from a Swiss boiling water reactor plant by high-resolution scanning electron microscopy
- Supervision of master or semester theses and internships
- Publication of results in scientific journals and at international conferences
- Support of other service tasks / projects
You hold a PhD degree in Materials Science or Metallurgy (or closely related) and have a solid background in corrosion / electrochemistry and metallurgy. Additionally, you have practical experience in material characterization by light and electron microscopy and ideally in experiments under high-temperature water conditions. Very good communication skills in English are also required. A German working knowledge would be an asset.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Stefan Ritter, phone +41 56 310 29 83, e-mail email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by 31 May 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4603-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Serdal Varol, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland