Scientist (Tenure Track)
- Leading new research projects on cryo-EM structure determination of membrane proteins within the Mechanisms of signal transduction group, including collaborations
- Support of ongoing research projects, including training of PhD students and postdocs
- Implementation and development of advanced data collection and image processing methods, including cryo-ET & sub-tomogram averaging and single particle analysis
- PhD degree in a life science-related discipline
- Strong background on cryo-ET and/or single particle analysis data collection and processing
- Capable of performing the full range of cryo-EM workflows, from sample preparation to data interpretation
- Interested in membrane biology
- Expertise in data science / programming, FIB-SEM, cell biology or biochemistry will be an advantage
- Your are a highly motivated person and able to work in an international team
- It is expected that your are a communicative person, innovative and open-minded for new ideas
- Access to the EM facility at PSI and to ScopeM at ETH Zurich (equipped with a wide range of state of the art equipment, including three Titan Krios microscopes)
- Access to all shared research infrastructure and research platforms at PSI and at ETH Zurich
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Prof Dr. Volodymyr Korkhov, phone +41 56 310 28 42.
Please submit your application online by 15 December 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 2318-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti,5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland