PhD Student in Sustainability Assessment
- Writing a PhD thesis on environmental, economic, and social assessment of synthetic low-carbon fuels
- Evaluate synthetic low-carbon fuels from an environmental, economic, and social perspective by means of techno-economic and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Contribute to further development of linking LCA and (energy) system models
- Write and contribute to high quality peer-reviewed publications
- Master degree in natural science, industrial ecology, computer science, sustainability, or engineering science
- Experience in LCA and using the brightway framework
- Programming skills in Phyton
- Very good command of the English language
- Ability to work in a diverse and flexible academic environment in a team-oriented, but independent way
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Christian Bauer, phone +41 56 310 23 91.
Please submit your application online by 5 December 2021 including addresses of referees for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 4501-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland