- Surface modification of high voltage cathode and solid electrolyte materials via liquid or gas -based processes
- Working electrodes fabrication and optimization using wet-slurry process
- Surface and bulk characterization with main focus on X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Electrochemical testing (cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic cycling, etc)
- Publication of results in scientific journals and presentations at scientific meetings
- Supervision of students
We are looking for a self-motivated team player able to work independently and with prior experience in electrochemistry and all-solid-state battery research. The candidate must have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials science or in a related field. A good background in battery materials synthesis, characterization and electrochemical testing is expected. Experience in all-solid-state battery fabrication and synchrotron techniques is an asset. Very good command of English is required. The experimental work will be caried at the PSI in Villigen, within the framework of SNF-sinergia project including the University of Fribourg, EPFL and Seoul National University (SNU).
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years. For further information, please contact Dr Mario El Kazzi, phone +41 56 310 51 49.
Please submit your application online by 31 October 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5411-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland