- Planning, installation and administration of the PSI archive system as part of the archive team and in collaboration with science at PSI and the Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS)
- Planning, installation and administration of the central PSI storage systems as part of the storage team
- Collaboration and co-responsibility for the central monitoring / logfile analysis service
- Collaboration and co-responsibility for the data center infrastructure
- Further development of the existing infrastructure
- Higher computer science education
- In-depth Linux know-how
- Conceptual thinking
- Mastery of scripting languages (shell scripts, Python)
- Team oriented behaviour
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Good language skills in German and English
- AFS knowledge is an asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Peter Huesser, phone +41 56 310 46 95.
Please submit your application online for the position as a System Engineer (index no. 9522-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabine Mier, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland