In this ambitious project you will create a new and unique software tool first to preprocess scientific data of different sources and formats, and then to populate a suitable database to be designed according to the specifications. The numerical data are processed according to the input by the user interface. The results are recorded including version tracking, visualization of the data in 2D and 3D geometries, and documentation. You will work closely together with an interdisciplinary project development team.
- Degree in Computer Science, or in similar field of studies; background in Physics of advantage
- Experience programming in one or more languages as Python, C++, C, Java and/or C# is a plus
- Ideally knowledge in scientific data manipulation using Python and Query languages, e.g. SQL, Jaql or HQL
- Familiarity with modern UI application frameworks, e.g. Flask, Django, Angular.js, React, Vue.js, D3.js or Chart.js
- Experience in designing and building software solutions from the ground up according to specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to work with an interdisciplinary team of researchers
- Comfortable with speaking and writing in the German and English language is a plus
- Moreover you are able to work self-reliant and time efficient in small expert groups as well as in international and multidisciplinary teams towards solving given tasks
- It is expected that you are a well-balanced person, communicative, innovative and open-minded for new ideas
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact PD Dr Daniela Kiselev, phone +41 56 310 30 37.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Software Developer (index no. 8142-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management Melanie Rapisarda-Bellwald Forschungsstrasse 111 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland