You will be part of the Materials Science group, operating at the MS beamline of the Swiss Light Source. You will conduct both basic and applied research based on powder diffraction methods, your main tasks are:
- Research on solid state reactivity based on X-Ray diffraction methods
- Develop and improve existing setups at the MS station, in particular the ones related to industrial projects (this is intended up to 50%, in collaboration with ANAXAM)
- Support beamline users
- Publish work and present at relevant meetings and conferences
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Geology, Material Science or related field
- Hands on experience with diffraction methods, in particular with powder or single crystal diffraction
- Very strong crystallographic background
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years with possible extension.
For further information, please contact Dr Nicola Casati, phone +41 56 310 53 46.
Please submit your application online by 31 January 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6311-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland