- Commissioning of semi-automatic coil-winding systems
- Vacuum pressure impregnation of superconducting coils with resin systems
- Process optimization related to winding and heating systems, variable-atmosphere furnaces, mechanical presses etc.
- Mechanical instrumentation (strain-gauges)
- Basic CNC machining
- Preparation of cryogenic tests with cryo-coolers
- Degree as poly-mechanic with more than 3 years of experience in the construction of electrical machinery
- Additional training in controls and automation is a plus
- Proactive and communicative personality who enjoys working in an interdisciplinary group
- Diligence, flexibility and willingness to learn complete your profile
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory, knowledge of German is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 2 years, renewable by another 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Bernhard Auchmann, phone +41 56 310 30 26 or Dr Stéphane Sanfilippo, phone +41 56 310 41 11.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Technician (index no. 8433-05).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Melanie Rapisarda-Bellwald Forschungsstrasse 111, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland