- Experimental evaluation of the effect of Zn on the SCC crack growth behaviour of cold-worked stainless steel and Alloy 182 in high-temperature water (BWR and PWR conditions)
- Identification and quantification of SCC mitigation conditions
- Metallo- and fractographic post-test evaluation of the deformation and fracture mechanism (e. g., by LOM, SEM/EBSD, TEM, FIB etc.)
- Characterisation of the Pt particle distribution (and Zn incorporation in the oxide film) on active samples from a Swiss boiling water reactor plant and on plant artefacts by high-resolution scanning electron microscopy
- Supervision of master or semester thesis's and internships
- Publication of results in scientific journals and at international conferences
- Support of other service tasks/projects
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Stefan Ritter, phone +41 56 310 29 83, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application online by 28 February 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4603-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Nicole Schubert, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland