- Initiation and execution of research projects in the field of X-Ray optics, in particular in collaboration with PSI's Large Scale Facilities in Photon Science
- Design and implementation of innovative diffractive X-Ray optics, including their fabrication by nanolithography techniques
- Supervision of PhD students and post-docs working on the above mentioned projects
- Publication of results in scientific journals and conferences
- Dissertation in natural sciences or engineering
- Good command of the English language
- Thorough experience with experimental techniques using synchrotrons radiation and in the field of nanofabrication would be of advantage
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to three years.
For further information, please contact Dr Christian David, phone +41 56 310 37 53.
Please submit your application online by 16 February 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Scientist (index no. 6212-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland