- Synthesis of novel materials using solid state chemistry
- Synthesis of polycrystalline and single crystalline materials for the study at the large facilities at PSI
- Use of various synthesis methods with a strong focus on floating-zone method and high pressure synthesis
- Characterization of magnetic and electric materials properties
- Maintenance of international scientific collaborations
- PhD in chemistry or physics
- Experience with synthesis methods of solid state chemistry
- Understanding of open questions in solid state physics
- Publishing of research results in scientific literature and presentations at international conferences
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Ekaterina Pomjakushina, phone +41 56 310 32 07.
Please submit your application online by 30 April 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3703-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland