PSI Data Policy for the User Facilities
Data are a valuable and essential product and resource for research conducted at PSI. Especially the large research facilities operated at PSI are a source for large data sets relevant for national and international research teams. This updated document defines the general principles for research data management at PSI and its user facilities and has been approved in April 2022.
- This document pertains to the ownership, curation and access to research data and metadata generated, collected and/or processed and/or stored by PSI or at its facilities.
- It is binding for all PSI employees and external users of PSI facilities and the acceptance of this policy as far as applicable is a condition for the award of access to research infrastructures for internal and external users.
- All activities concerning data management and processing must be in accordance with the PSI instruction on Research Integrity.
- All Research Data and Metadata obtained as a result of Public Research will be Open Access after an initial embargo period during which access is restricted to the Experimental Team, represented by the PI or the main author of a proposal.
- The embargo period is three (3) years, starting at the end of data collection as agreed between the Data Steward and PI. Thereafter, the data will become openly accessible. On written request of the PI the embargo period can be shortened, omitted or extended.