All non-PX Beamlines - Call Status
August 8, 2022: Call is open for proposals
Deadline: Septebmer 15, 2022
This call for proposal covers the beamtime from Jan 2023 – Oct 2023, i.e., over nine rather than six months and is the last call for proposals before the long shutdown to upgrade the SLS. Assuming that supply chains and related issues do not deteriorate further, the upgrade shutdown is planned to start on October 2nd 2023. First pilot users for selected beamlines at SLS 2.0 are expected in the Summer/Fall of 2025, which will be followed by a shutdown beginning of 2026. The first regular call for proposal is planned for the Spring 2026.
- January 1, 2023 - Oct 31, 2023: Normal, Test, Pilot proposals
- no long-term proposals
The beamlines are fully operational
Please be aware of some specific measures to be taken before submitting the proposal:
- X02DA (TOMCAT)
- X03DA (PEARL)
- X03MA (ADRESS-RIXS)
- X03MA (ADRESS-ARPES)
- X04DB (VUV)
- X04SA (MS-SDiff)
- X04SA (MS-Powder)
- X05LA (MicroXAS)
- X07DA (PolLux)
- X07DB (in Situ Spectroscopy)
- X07MA (XTreme)
- X07MB Phoenix
- X09LA (SIS) (Note 1)
- X09LA (XIL II) (Note 2)
- X10DA (SuperXAS)
- X11MA (SIM)
- X12SA (cSAXS)
- Since the travel situation for users is still uncertain, we will try to provide remote access to the SIS beamline for some experiments. In order to discuss the necessary requirements for this optional service, please contact one of the BL-managers.
- Please contact the BL-manager email@example.com to discuss availability of the beamline.
- For the proposal evaluation by the Proposal Review Committee, DUO Experimental Reports on previous experiments represent a very important input, and a missing experimental report may seriously affect the chances of acceptance. Proposers are asked to supply a separate experimental report for each experiment performed. Note that now also a co-proposer can input an experimental report.
Click here to enter the DUO submission site.