Master Thesis & Internships
We are constantly looking for applications from highly motivated students. Please visit the group webpages for further information. By interest, kindly contact the respective group leader.
Job opportunities in LXN
Open positions are advertised below. Alternatively, visit PSI's job opportunities platform.
Postdoctoral Fellow - Ultrafast Microwave-Induced Dynamics (80-100%)
The Quantum Photon Science Group seeks for a person, able to push technical and scientific boundaries. You will become part of a vibrant research environment, using state-of-the-art instrumentation to perform your own and collaborative research on microwave-driven magnetic insulators, based at the SLS synchrotron and the SwissFEL X-ray free-electron laser.
Your tasks will be:
- Experimental investigation (X-ray imaging and diffraction, as well as ferromagnetic resonance) of magnetic insulators, e.g. rare-earth quantum magnets and magnetic garnets, as part of the HERO ERC Synergy project
- Build-up of microwave capabilities for combination with optics at the SLS and microwave pump – X-Ray probe experiments at SwissFEL, including development of respective data analysis capabilities
- PhD degree in physical sciences or electrical engineering
- Experienced in design, assembly and operation of microwave equipment
- Background in either magnetism, superconducting circuits or quantum optics
- Proficient with data analysis techniques
More information can be found on:
Deadline for applications is May 1, 2022.